I have been asked on many occasions “Why have handmade socks?” and there are so many answers.
- Choice: You can have exactly what you want.
- Comfort: Handmade socks have an inherent cushioning effect making for happier feet.
- Fiber Content: My preference is for natural fibres. I firmly believe that if you want your feet to breath, to be comfortable and not be too sweaty or stinky then natural is the way to go.
- Fit: Mass produced socks tend to be made to fit a shoe size range and rely on the addition of elastic to make up the shortfall. Have you ever had to pull the toes like taffy or chase the heel of you sock around your foot?
- Wear & Tear: If for whatever reason you wear out socks in certain places, custom crafted socks can be made with reinforcing where you need it, whether it is under the heel and ball of the foot for horseriders, extended up the heel if you have Achilles’ tendons or accommodating differences after surgery.
So, if you are tempted feel free to contact me. Pricing is individual, but the model is Materials + Making Fee + Postage.